1. Each alcohol abuse treatment facility will offer different types of treatment methods and programs. Some will include on site detox while others will only take a client after this step has been completed, and that can mean going to different facilities in order to finish certain stages. During alcohol detox medical supervision can be important.
2. Detoxing from alcohol abuse or addiction can be tricky for some people, and those who have abused this drug for long periods or who usually consume large amounts each day may be physically addicted to alcohol. If going cold turkey is attempted without medical oversight then convulsions, seizures, and even death can occur.
3. The right alcohol abuse treatment program and facility will have a variety of detox tools that can help during this phase. Medications may be given to control any tremors or seizures, and there are things that can help with intense cravings. The individual will be kept stable while they eliminate all alcohol from their system, and this will leave them ready to begin the treatment and recovery phase.
4. The cost of detox and alcohol abuse treatment can vary greatly. Some programs may be fairly inexpensive, but these may not offer the most effective treatment methods or relapse prevention tools that are needed for a permanent recovery.
5. Christian alcohol abuse treatment programs often get better results than those which are not faith based, but this is only true if the individual actually believes. Luxury programs may not always give the best results if the additional costs are not used to pay for methods that have been proven to work.