1. Physical Health- Spending New Years Day in a treatment facility is the best way to start the year if you have a problem with alcohol, drugs, or even other conditions like eating disorders, compulsive shopping or gambling, and sex addiction. Addressing the problem head on and treating it will ensure that you recover and stay in the best physical health possible.
2. Mental Health- Without effective substance abuse treatment your mental health can decline in the next year. In order to stay mentally stable and prevent mental illness any drug or alcohol abuse must be stopped, and the underlying issues that cause the problems must be addressed and resolved.
3. Financial Stability- Spending New Years Day in a treatment program can help you regain your financial stability in the new year. Addiction can be an expensive habit to maintain, and over time you will usually start to accumulate debt as your habit becomes more expensive.
4. Family and Friends- When you recover from substance abuse you are giving your friends and family the best gift possible, the real you back and not the person that you become when you drink or do drugs. This is something priceless that money can not buy, and something that these individuals want more than anything else.
5. A Brighter Future- When you take advantage of the right substance abuse treatment program you are giving yourself an opportunity for a brighter future. You deserve a complete and permanent recovery but this will not happen if you delay getting the help that you need.