1. Dealing with compulsive gambling can be just as devastating as addiction, but there are options when it comes to treatment for compulsive gambling. In order to get help all you have to do is admit that you have a problem and seek treatment, but this step can be very difficult for some people.
2. Set a date to stop your compulsive gambling, and count down until this date arrives. This gives you a chance to get motivated and strengthen your resolve, and this means that you will be less likely to give in when you start to crave the excitement and rush that you get when you gamble.
3. Compare the options that you have when it comes to treatment for compulsive gambling. Look at each program and determine what methods and techniques are used in your treatment. If these do not include individual counseling to root out the causes of your compulsive gambling then a program may not be very effective and you could end up needing further treatment later on as a result.
4. If you have a problem with compulsive gambling than an extended support network is required. This is in addition to treatment for the compulsive gambling. This support network can help you through the toughest times, offering support and encouragement when you feel ready to cave and hit the casino floor once again.
5. If you relapse then seek treatment for compulsive gambling again, and do this until you finally succeed. You do not have to let compulsive gambling ruin your life.