Men’s Addiction Drug and Alcohol Rehab Program in Kelowna BC, offering recovery from alcohol abuse, drug abuse, sex addiction and mental health issues.
At The Crossing Point we only take a maximum of 6 males at a time. This helps to ensure that no one slips through the cracks. in Larger centers it is hard to be heard among the crowd. At the Crossing Point your voice is important. Peer discussion in group sessions is a great place to hear others tell their stories of support and inspiration. Being a small center allows all the clients to develop lasting relationships, that can be supportive out in the real world
Our goal: We want to meet the client where they are on the road to recovery and provide the tools that they need to move further along this continuum. We emphasize self-determination, personal responsibility and encourage our clients to re-write their life stories in a motivational, supportive environment.
The Program: We offer an intensive, residential program (30-90 days). The core components of this program are group therapy, individual therapy, psycho-educational workshops, and fitness.
Group Therapy: Keeping with our low residential capacity of 6 clients per residence, we are able to keep our groups small and personal, with a maximum of 10 clients when women and men come together. In group therapy, clients will be examining their lives and addictions through various exercises, projects, and general group work.
Our Technique: We believe strongly in dealing with many of the underlying issues that are fuelling the addiction , so groups will pinpoint topics such as anxiety, depression, anger management, codependency, and boundaries.
Our Small Groups and Pyscho-educational workshops include topics such as:
- Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
- Neurobiology of Addiction
- Changing Beliefs
- Managing Stress
- Self Esteem
- Feelings and Positive Thinking
- Non-Violent Communication
- Anger Management
- Healthy Relationships
- Grief and Loss
- Anxiety and Depression
- 12 step
Our Residential program offers:
- An intimate 6 Client Maximum
- Supportive and Welcoming Environment
- Professional and compassionate staff
- Nutritious Meals
- 2 sessions of 1 on 1 private counselling a week
- Program includes a gym membership at local H2O centre which contains an extensive gym and waterpark with many extras.
- Once the client has been in treatment for a period of time we allow getting out passes for outings.
- Our clients have access to specialized therapeutic recovery videos
- Private or Semi-Private Rooms
- Queen or double beds
- Comfortable and Clean Accommodations
- There are two client living rooms fitted with television, books, and games, however we encourage more recreational activities.
- Across the street we have a beach, access to volleyball and walking trails
- Bikes and Kayaks can be used when available.
We are confident in our recovery process, but more importantly we want you to be fully recovered! We will give you a free month of treatment in the event that you relapse. To qualify you must have successfully completed our 90 day program, and complete the prescribed aftercare program. In the case that you relapse we would like to have you come back for another 90 day program treatment and we will reimburse you for 30 days after a second successful completion of the program.
We firmly believe in After Care to support our Crossing Point Alumni. We have a dedicated member of our team standing by, wanting and waiting to help you through your recovery process. We include 2 sessions of phone counselling for every 30 days you stay with us at no additional charge to you.
Our approach to treatment: We hold a non-judgemental, holistic perspective and encourage clients to take responsibility for their own lives and recovery. We view our clients as capable adults who are valuable members of our society and who are quite able to change the direction of their lives. We do, however, recognize that the recovery process looks different for everyone.
Here are the most common links to questions asked: