1. Distance From Old Habits and Places- When you choose one of the drug rehab centers Canada you can put some distance between you and your old habits and places. Often these factors contribute to a relapse, and that can mean further rounds of treatment are needed in order to get permanent results.
2. A Fresh Start- When you are trying to change your activities and stop substance abuse then drug rehab centers Canada can help you get a fresh start and a new beginning. You will not know anyone, and they will not be aware of your past or your substance abuse issues unless you tell them. Sometimes a fresh start can help you achieve a permanent recovery.
3. Get Away From Friends Who Use- Running into old buddies and friends who have used with you in the past can frequently trigger a relapse. When you decide to use one of the drug rehab centers Canada you will get away from old friends and acquaintances who still use. This can help you stay on the road to recovery and keep you from sliding back into old habits.
4. Focus Only On Your Drug Addiction Treatment- Drug rehab centers Canada can help you focus solely on your addiction treatment and recovery. There are fewer distractions when you choose a program that is remotely located and far from your normal life and activities. When you focus on your drug addiction treatment you will generally get better results.
5. Effective Treatment Methods- Some drug rehab centers Canada offer the most effective treatment methods and proven techniques, and this can mean a more effective recovery and results that actually last.
Individual counseling for drug addiction treatment and alcohol abuse is one of the most effective methods available today to fight substance abuse. One on one counseling has many benefits that make it a superior choice to other methods, but there are also some drawbacks as well. Before you decide on the best drug addiction treatment or alcohol abuse program it is important to know what the pros and cons of individual counseling sessions are.
The Drug Addiction Treatment Benefits of Individual Counseling
Drug addiction treatment is not available in a one size fits all model that actually works, because each individual will have different reasons for their substance abuse that need to be addressed before a full and complete recovery can be reached. Invisible wounds and hidden traumas vary, and each person may have different reasons for turning to drugs or alcohol. Individual sessions allow the user to work through their unique issues so that they can start to heal.
Drawbacks with One on One Sessions in Drug Addiction Treatment
The only drawback with individual counseling for drug addiction treatment or alcohol abuse is the cost involved. Since a professional is needed for each individual the cost can be much higher for an individual session than it is for a group session. Drug addiction treatment programs that provide one on one counseling will usually cost more, but in the end you will usually see superior results for the higher price and this can help you quit any substance abuse and get back on the right track faster.
1. Costs- The costs associated with drug treatment programs is a very important factor, but this should never be the only thing that you look at before you make a final decision. Some upscale luxury rehabs may have exceptional settings and numerous luxuries and amenities, but little in the way of actual treatment benefits.
2. Past Results- Ask the drug treatment programs that you are evaluating about past results that have been achieved. Find out what the typical recovery and relapse rates are for the program or facility and then compare these. This will help you choose the programs that have the highest success rates within your specific budget.
3. Drug Treatment Program Options- In addition to counseling and therapy sessions find out what other options you have available with the drug treatment programs being considered. This can include equine therapy, anger management classes, nutrition instruction, and many other options that may help you reach a permanent recovery.
4. Counseling Types Provided- Closely examine the types of counseling and therapy that each program offers. Look for several hours of individual counseling, as well as group sessions. Each case may have different contributing factors, and individual counseling sessions will help you work through your specific factors so you recover faster and more effectively.
5. Whether or Not Detox Services are Offered- With a number of substances medical detox may be needed, and the drug treatment programs you are considering should offer this service if it is needed. If you choose a rehab that does not offer detox this could mean spending days or longer at a detox facility and then having to relocate in order to receive substance abuse treatment once you are finally clean and drug free.
The Crossing Point provides affordable substance abuse treatment that is highly effective. If you or a loved one has a problem with drugs or alcohol we can help you overcome these issues.